Aluminium

$pageNode/link-titleBack to Our Operations   
Aluminium

Vedanta is an integrated producer of Aluminium in India with mines, smelters and associated captive and independent power plants. Its aluminium business operates in the states of Odisha and Chhattisgarh, where there are abundant bauxite and coal deposits.

Vedanta has two operational smelters at Korba (Chhattisgarh) and Jharsuguda (Odisha), with a combined capacity of 0.745 mtpa and a 1 mtpa alumina refinery at Lanjigarh (Odisha).

BALCO

BALCO's operations include mines, smelters and captive power plants in the state of Chattisgarh in India. Sterlite Industries holds a controlling 51% stake in BALCO, while the Government of India remains an equity partner and holds the remaining 49% stake.

The Korba-II smelter produce 245 ktpa of aluminium and we are expanding production capacity to 570 ktpa with the commencement of the new Korba-III 325 ktpa smelter in FY 2014.

BALCO's smelters have access to captive power from two thermal power plants of 270 MW and 540 MW capacity. A new 1,200 MW power plant is expected to commence production soon.

BALCO manufactures its products under the brand name "BHARATAL".

Vedanta Aluminium Limited

Odisha is blessed with high quality reserve of Bauxite & large reserves of Coal.

Vedanta Aluminium Limited (VAL) has smelters at Jharsuguda and an alumina refinery at Lanjigarh, in Odisha. Vedanta Resources plc holds a 70.5% equity stake in VAL directly, and owns a further 29.5% stake through Sterlite Industries.

VAL has an alumina refinery at Lanjigarh with a capacity of 1 mtpa, and a 75 MW captive power plant. VAL has setup a 1.75 MTPA aluminium smelting capacity at Jharsuguda. A part of the facility of 0.5 MTPA capacity is already operational and balance is yet to be commissioned.

VAL currently operates a 1,215 MW captive power plant supported by highly modern infrastructure at Jharsuguda, which is located close to Sterlite's 2,400 MW independent power plant.

For further information please click on the below links:
BALCO
Vedanta Aluminium

Share Price

  • Last Close

    931.50
  • Mid Price

    950.50
  • Day's Change (p)

    +19.00
  • Day's Change (%)

    +2.04
  • 15 minute delayed share price from London Stock Exchange.